Honey bush rare herbal plant is only found in the eastern Ceder-berg in the eastern Cape and nowhere else in the world.
Honey bush is the family to Roo ibos. Named for its honey
smelling flowers, Honey bush has a similar but sweeter taste
than Rooi bos
The stems of Cyclopedia inter media are used to to South Africa with reported anti-wrinkle effects. Wrinkle formation caused by photo aging clearly involves changes in extracellular matrix components and mechanical properties of the skin.
The inhibitory effects of honey bush extract and fermented honey bush on wrinkle formation were determined by analyzing skin replicas, historically examining epidermal thickness, and identifying damage to collagen fiber's.
Honey bush extract and fermented honey bush reduced the length and depth of skin winkles caused by UV irradiation and inhibited thickening of the epidermal layer, in addition to suppressing collagen tissue breakdown reactions, indicating its potential use as a skin wrinkle prevention agent.
This in viva study demonstrates that honey bush produces significant anti-wrinkle effects and is therefore of interest in anti-aging skin care products.
Key health benefits of honey bush
· Very low tannin levels
· It is very soothing and calms the central nervous system
· Can be applied topically to skin irritations
· Full of antioxidants to guard against free radical attack
· Contains polyphenols that boost the immune system and to help reduce the degenerative effects of lifestyle diseases
· Rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium, copper, zinc, magnesium, manganese, and sodium
THE POSITIVE COSMETIC EFFECT OF THESE NATURAL ANTI-OXIDANTS ARE, THE PROTECT THE HUMAN SKIN FROM DAMAGES CAUSED BY FREE RADICALS AND THUS HAVE AND ANTI-AGEING AND HEALING EFFECT ON THE SKIN AILMENTS AND IRRITATIONS.